Saturday, November 3, 2012

Detox!

So, I tried a juice/fruit only detox. To cleanse the system.

It was supposed to go for 5 days.
I gave up after 48 hours(including sleeping hours).

It was nasty. There was a gross tea, and a DISGUSTING banana flavored protein shake.


This morning I couldn't drink all of either servings. My body was rejecting it (literally).
Hopefully the colon got what it needed, not a full rest, but really, the best I could do.
I will say, I did eat 4 apples, 3 clementines, around 4 cups of grapes, 2 cups of mango, and few glasses of juice and water.
Hopefully I got enough antioxidants in my system.

Still have a bunch of fresh strawberries, pineapple, mangos, apples, grapefruit, clementines, grapes and 5 different juices- including prune- gonna have to incorporate those fully so they don't go to waste... :)

The photo doesn't look like a lot, but when your body is fighting to get it down..

Have you ever tried a detox? Did you make it through it? Any suggestions on a better one?

No comments:

Post a Comment