Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Words for Wednesday : How do you want to be remembered?

On the Facepage someone shared a link.
 
I clicked it, read it, thought about it, and 'shared it'.  

I hope people understand what the writer was intending. 
Those photos people take all the time, they will be your legacy, no matter how pretty (or ugly) you are in that moment.. 
And if you are always waiting for that moment to come... It might be too late.  
My Grandma died a couple of years ago, I gave some photos to my younger sister for the 'Celebration of Life' displays.  My sister wanted to know how I was able to get such nice photos of her. 
Here was my trick- 
  1. I would remind my Graham Cracker that she knew she was having people over or that she was coming out to an event.
  2. I told her I was going to take a picture of her anyways, did she want me to take a picture of her with her mouth open, or one where she was smiling?
That these are going to be around long after she was gone, how did she want to be remembered, or did she?

She would smile for at least one or two, and then say 'Oh that's enough! I have to get back to XYZ.'
 
I am always going to wish I wore a different outfit, had a better hair day, spent more time on my makeup, weighed less, had clearer skin, etc.

But if I keep waiting for that perfect moment, I will never be able to enjoy the moments I am experiencing.

If you do not pose for or let people take photos with/of you, then people will take a photo of your dead body in a casket so they have something to remember you by.  

Is that what you really want? 

I mean really, ask yourself, How do you want to be remembered- or do you?

(My Graham Cracker was cremated, there are no photos of her dead body in the event you were wondering.)

RIP Graham Cracker, I do miss you dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment