Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Chipotle Mango Chicken Kabobs!

Sounds interesting, yes?

Well they are, but they taste, DELICIOUS!  I admit I was a little hesitant.  A couple of weeks ago, I wanted to try something new, and the grocery store was offering a B1G1 on Kraft Dressings, I looked at the choices that were offered, and decided to take a chance on this Chipotle Mango Dressing. 

I, oddly enough, ended up with an email from Kraft Foods in my inbox a couple of days later.  Must have been fate, as it was advertising their new 'Anything Dressings' and different recipes to try.  So I take a gander at the page, and come across this recipe for Chipotle Mango Chicken Kabobs!

AWESOME! 

I love chicken, and I bought the boyfriend a metal kabob set last year, and this summer we have been making steak and chicken kabobs on the grill, probably once a week on average.  So, I thought, let's give this a whirl!

Last night I took 8 chicken tenders out of the freezer, and this morning before I went to work I threw the half frozen tenders into a pyrex container with some pepper, pepper flakes and the Chipotle Mango dressing. 


Made myself a delicious iced cold brewed coffee for the road, and hoped for the best.

On my way home I stopped at the grocery store and picked up a red, yellow and green pepper, and a can of pineapple chunks.  Rushed home to start on this culinary adventure.  (Yes, I know, it's not that adventurous.) 

I got home and cut up the peppers in to roughly 1 inch pieces, and busted out the chicken that had been marinating in the fridge, and cut those into 1 inch pieces as well.  Popped open a container of cherry tomatoes, and cracked open the can of pineapple and took some chunks out. 


It's really handy to have all the stuff set out ahead of time.

Now that I had everything set, I started on skewering everything, starting with the pepper pieces, and threading on chicken at random, and only actually added the pineapple chunks on a couple of the skewers.  The Boyfriend isn't a huge fan of odd foods.  When I told him what I was making, he made a crinkle face and said... "Uh, okay I guess I can eat that.  What else are you making to go with it?" (Raised over-grown eyebrow and everything.)  And then he headed off to the shower to wash his daily grime away.

So, that meant I was a girl on a mission.  Went out started the grill, and then grabbed a one of those rice packets out of the pantry.  Four cheese rice?!  The Boyfriend will love that. 

So, I started that, and went and threw the chicken on the grill.  Came back in, threw some dishes in the dishwasher, and after about 7 minutes I went back and checked on the chicken, and turned the skewers.


Halfway done - how great do they look?

Rice was done, went out, chicken is done too!  How great is that!?!


So I brought the chicken kabobs in, and we each served up our plates, I took the skewers with the pineapple on them, and am I glad I did - they were DELICIOUS!!! 

The chicken was flavorful, with a hint of spice, and a nice hint of sweetness.

I suggest you try this, here is a photo to help convince you!!

Lovely kabobs with the Four Cheese Rice.


No comments:

Post a Comment