Saturday, July 21, 2012

Softball Tournament!

One of the softball teams that I am on, season's ended on Thursday.  But we had a tournament that started Friday, and ended today(for us).

It was double elimination tournament, we lost a game Friday, and the one game we played today.

I play on D Leagues.  Which for those of you who do not know, is the just for fun league.  Perhaps the players have some skill, but it's not that good.  :)  And the teams I am on, tend to be one of the winningest teams for each of their respective leagues.  For the softball tournament we played in though, we got bumped up to the C league.  And that was a mix of C and B leagues.  A league is the most competitive/skilled teams...

The Virg Ellrich/Fireman's Tournament is kind of a big deal.  There are 157 teams that play in it, and we ended up playing against a team from Bemidiji - which is about a 4 hour drive.

On Friday night when we played, I saw people eating corn on the cob.  It looked DELICIOUS! - I knew I was going to have to get myself one of those after our game on Saturday.

So when I showed up for our game, I first went over and picked up a beer (it was hot.. I needed to stay hydrated!). 

Stay Hydrated!

And after we lost our game, I went and grabbed a cob, it was $2.  If I had been thinking I would have bought 3 for $5, and would have enjoyed them to the fullest!  But before I went to the tournament I had done some baking, and had started some crockpot chicken tacos earlier, and my dad was on his way to my place with my treadmill, so I had to get going.

Pillsbury Blueberry Muffins
I will say though, they had a pretty good set up though for the corn.  They had butter and a pastry brush to slather it all over the cob, and the salt and pepper shakers.  Super good!

What food item do you make sure you get when you go to festivals/fairs?

No comments:

Post a Comment