Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Wellness Lunch : Poached Salmon

My company, like many others out there, have an on site cafeteria. Which can be great, but can also be a funds sucker.

It is cheaper (of course) to bring your lunch from home.

Today however, I did not feel like eating one of my many cans of soups for lunch. So I took the 8 minute walk to the campus cafeteria, and after taking a look at everything, decided I should settle on the Poached Salmon Salad. I am not sure what makes it poached? Maybe the way it was harvested... Because it was in a fry pan before he put it on my salad.

It is a pretty interesting mix of food. There is some of that fancy curly lettuce, kalamata olives, raw green beans, raw green and red peppers and preciously fried potatoes, drizzled with a vinaigrette, with the salmon on top.

It's actually not that bad. I did feel the need to add some Parmesan cheese and sunflower seeds, which I think kicks it up a notch. And with all those leaves of lettuce- and size able piece of salmon, makes for a filling lunch.

Glad went out of my comfort box and went with the funny salad.

Have you gone out of your comfort zone and tried a new food in place of your regular meal?

Do tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment