Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Words for Wednesday : C25K - W1D3

Ugh. Wednesday you middle of the week beast you. 

Why does it take so long for you to show up?  After that warm welcome.. So glad you are here!
 
My vagine still hasn't fully recovered from last week's Spin class.  I don't know if it will ever.  I read on some other blog I was clicking through (sorry I cannot remember..) about how she was going to have to explain to her gyno about why her lady bits were bruised... I completely understand. I was tempted to grab a hand mirror and see if they were discolored!  Sorry.. TMI I am sure..

Since I was not up for another beating, I completed another day of the C25K Program this morning.  I completed W1D3 (week 1 day 3).  And then I stayed on a little longer and increased the incline to 5.  For 5 minutes.  I don't know really what that will do, other than make me work more (which it did).
 
I really do like the handy App that I could download on my iPhone. I think it was originally free and that I paid for the GPS add on feature. It shows that the Ease into 5K, by Bluefin Software is sitting at $2.99. I still think it is worth it.  They have some sort of subscription feature now that does more than I think I need, so I do not pay for it.. but getting little 'badges' is always fun, if that is more motivating to you?  The main things I like about the App, are that it
  1. GPS you if you run outside
  2. Let's you play your music
  3. Tells you when to Run/Walk
  4. and has a timer/shows your progress (walk 8 of 9)
  5. It keeps track of your pace (with GPS) for your run vs. walk
  6. It will track how many calories you burned and weight (accuracy.. I dunno)
I am not that great at keeping track of time, I get lost in lots of random thoughts, and forget to change it up.  Plus the person's voice isn't real demanding or anything.  Well, maybe when I get up to that 20 min run again I will think differently..

At any rate, I did it, I completed about 45 minutes on Mr. Dreadmill, and I lived to tell about it.
 
I would like to say, my gym is not the most AWESOME gym in the world.  My main complaint is that there is ZERO air circulation up in the joint.  Those fans on Mr. Dreadmill?  They are worthless, I can't hardly feel them at all, unless I put my sweaty palms over the vent.  So stupid. I wish they would just put like... 1 fan in off the ceiling.  Or open that door on the 2nd floor where all the cardio equipment is, where I spend most of my time.  I mean really people, the smell of stale sweat is not the most appealing. Maybe that's just me.
 
What you got for me.. any App recommendations? Gym variations?  Good libations? 
Leave me a comment!



No comments:

Post a Comment